Your Lands. Our Cloud.
ConservationTrack is a powerful software solution for the land trust community, designed by the collective brain trust of The Nature Conservancy and Essention.
Responsible stewardship of today’s conservation projects is complex and demanding. Land trusts face a number of challenges in pursuit of their mission to preserve land for future generations. How do you capture and access important information you may need next year or in one hundred years? How do you work in ways that are both efficient and secure to meet the challenges you face? This is what ConservationTrack is about: enabling successful conservation - now and for the future.
Why Do You Need ConservationTrack?
Land trust challenges:
- Donor, public, and government scrutiny is driving the need for standards and process consistency of doing business - requiring detailed documentation and record-keeping.
- Favorable tax opportunities and changing demographics are generating more transactions - with the number of properties under management increasing.
- Land conservation is becoming more complex - larger and more challenging transactions are driving the need for multi-party collaboration.
- Institutional memory and succession planning are often overlooked in the daily struggle to keep up with the multitude of ongoing threads.
- Serving a mobile, remote, and typically volunteer-based workforce, along with a desire to reduce carbon footprint are just a few of the changes land trusts are facing.
ConservationTrack is web-based software that helps land trusts in 3 key ways:
- Enabling Consistent Adherence to Best Practices: The software has templates that capture activities land trusts have used to comply with LTA standards and practices built into land trust functions such as planning, acquisition, and monitoring.
- Centralizing Knowledge: The software has ways to store structured information such as transaction dates, acres, owner contact information as well as unstructured information such as notes and email correspondence from land owners. Also, by storing information and knowledge in systems, it moves an organization from tribal lore to sustainable and enduring institutional knowledge.
- Improving Efficiency: By utilizing the internet, the application and information become ubiquitous. By leveraging the latest technology, the information is secure, searchable, and easy to use, ultimately allowing staff to focus on conservation activities over administration.
The Conservation Track Solution
ConservationTrack is more than just software – it is a complete solution addressing a broad range of your organizations technology needs.
In order to make ConservationTrack effective, affordable, and efficient, Essention Group provides these services and functions to deliver the complete solution.
Essention provides ConservationTrack as a complete solution:
- Advice and consulting based on years of working with the Land Trust community
- Setup of CT to meet your organizations specific needs
- Training to ensure CT is successfully adopted
- Ongoing support provides updates and new functionality developed by the community
- Hosted technology promises turn-key ease and consistent access to your group's critical information
- Backups ensure that your data is always secure
We are frequently asked “What is a ConservationTrack solution going cost us?” One of the best things about ConservationTrack is the fact that it is specifically tailored for each organization, as such, the cost can vary.
Click the button above to find out how Essention can meet the needs of your organization.
For those interested in evaluating the cost of implementing ConservationTrack using their own resources, we’ve provided a comparison analysis here.